It has been over a year since I started blogging. It has helped me in many ways. Though it is hard to change completely, it has changed me in some way certainly.
1. The biggest reason for starting the blog was to get rid of random thoughts that keep coming to my mind. These thoughts occupy my mind and distract and bother me. I couldn’t able to concentrate on anything because of it. Blogging has helped me to get rid of such thoughts.
2. Blogging has given me a way to express my feelings. I have no one with whom I can share my feelings, so I just write my feelings. It gives me peace of mind.
3. Blogging has helped me to control my anger, anxiety, and depression. I am very short-tempered. It bothers me if someone misbehaves me or talks rudely to me. Sometimes, I become very anxious and I can’t control my anxiety. Through blogging, I just vent out my feelings to control my anger, anxiety, and depression.
4. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other social media platforms are full of people who abuse, troll and judge you but WordPress is very different from those platforms. Most of the people on WordPress are genuine and supportive. They don’t judge you. I can rant here without worrying about being judged. People on WordPress, support and console you even if you keep ranting.
5. Blogging has made me less envious. I was more envious before I started blogging. The reason behind it is that I have failed miserably in my life to achieve what I wanted. When you fail in life you become more envious. When you see people achieving things that you fail to achieve, you start envying people. I have become less envious since I started blogging. Now, when I see someone achieving something, I feel that I have achieved that thing. The reason behind this might be that I have accepted the fact that I can’t achieve these things anymore.
I want to thank WordPress for providing a platform where people can share their feelings and opinions freely. You can also share how blogging has changed you.